Summer Glow: Recreate the Look
As the temperate drops, our naturally obtained summer glow dissipate and the “tan in a can” becomes every gals BFF. You really have two options here, 1. Escape and travel to the Northern Hemisphere or 2. Follow Rowena’s tips and tricks to reclaim that summer glow! Option 2, might just allow you to escape momentarily!
Step by step:
• Prep and prime your skin to make sure your makeup has a hydrated and smooth base. Use a moisturiser suitable for your skin type and then apply a small amount of primer, about the size of a pea. Starting from the centre of the face and working outwards. The reason being, generally the T-zone is the oiliest part of the face.
• To achieve a natural glow to the skin use one pump of the Curtis Collection, Liquid Illuminator and mix this in with your foundation, this will give the skin a beautiful warm glow. Using the illuminator again, highlight your cheekbones by patting it onto the skin using your fingers or a sponge, also down the centre of the nose and slick it across your eyelids for a quick and simple eye look.
• Using a matte bronzer lightly contour your face for some definition.
• Following the bronzer, apply a blush that suits your skin tone from the apples of the cheeks and back towards the ears, above where you have just applied bronzer.
• Above the blush, apply a highlighter of your choice. Typically, to create a warm sun kissed glow you would want to use a golden or warm toned highlighter. Also apply the highlighter down the centre of your nose to give a natural glow.
If you would like to add the eyes- Rowena, Face Plus Medispa’s make-up artist recommends, keeping it simple for this look ìI love a bronze eyeshadow followed by lining the upper lash line with a dark brown liner. It gives the eyes definition without being as heavy as a black liner. Then apply a few coats of your favourite mascara, gorgeous long lashes will help to make your eyes look bigger.
These steps will allow you to create a natural and effortless look with out clogging the pores with fake tan!
Victoria Curtis, Liquid Illuminator – $28
Victoria Curtis, Baked Matte Bronzer, Bronzed Goddess – $50
Victoria Curtis, Velvet Shadow, Bronzed Beauty – $27.50
Victoria Curtis, Glide on Gel Eyeliner – $33
To make an appointment with our experienced #GlamSquad:
Rowena + Caterina
Bondi Beach: 02 8897 0077
Email: [email protected]