So Basic: Core Essentials
Why is skincare so important? As a 30-something year old content creator I am telling you now, at any age a spot-on skincare regime is vital. I’m not telling you to start a K-Beauty, ten step care regime but a regime must be implemented to ensure you care for the largest organ you own and only have one of, no second chances!
When your skin is healthy it is better able to fight the signs of aging, heal faster and protect you from harmful diseases.
What we recommend might not be a ten-step process but it has a number of important stages you should consider, we will detail them below but let’s discuss why you might like to make sure your skincare regime is on point!
- Appearance – Who doesn’t want beautiful glowing skin? It’s one of the first things you notice. When the skin is not properly cared for and becomes unhealthy it will lose elasticity and collagen, if you don’t know how important those two things are to looking youthful and healthy, check out this blog.
- Health – Poor skincare habits can lead to rashes, sores, acne and wrinkles. Unhealthy skin is also more vulnerable and can attract disease, infection and can scar more easily following an injury. Poor skincare habits can sit on a spectrum of not doing anything at all to buying over the counter products that are not tailored to your skin and body needs.
- Maintain – Your skin is constantly changing and growing. As we age the cells change too, read more here.
As skincare is important so is what we put inside. How is a healthy diet and good skincare connected? Read here.
What should be in your skincare routine? First throw away most of your over the counter products, believe us when we say you are wasting your time and money and doing more harm than good.
- Cleanser: Cleansers are usually used twice a day morning and night. The role of a cleanser will vary but the key role is to thoroughly clean your skin. Depending on the ingredients present cleanser can also calm, fight acne, help remove pigmentation or hydrate. The options for cleansers are endless, find some here.
- Toner: Following a cleanse you will need to tone your face. A toner will help remove any impurities that may still be present following and cleanse. After you cleanse your skin the pores remain open and the toner will assist in cleaning and lessening the visibility of pores. Toners much like cleansers can help with a number of concerns, much like a cleanser. Our top seller is the Cucumber Toner by Dr Spiller.
Dr Spiller, Cucumber Toner: $68
- Moisturiser: Moisturiser, no matter how oily you think your skin is, this is a step that no one should miss. Morning and night, this is vital to all good skincare for protection and balance. But I wanted to reiterate here, you need to be using the moisturiser your skin requires and not what you think it needs. Th best way to determine this is by visiting a Face Plus Medispa clinic for a thorough skin consultation, you can read about our process of consultation here.
- Sunblock: At any age, any time of day and country a sunblock must be used for protection. The why and how can be found here.
The final product may not be an essential for all but something to consider if you’re over the age of 30.
- Serum: Serums have become quite popular in the past few years as people are seeing the great benefit of adding a serum to their regime. Serums are usually applied under the moisturiser as it is almost like a light weight moisturiser that will penetrate deeper into the skin the deliver active ingredients. They have the ability to reach the deeper layers of the skin as the product is made up of smaller molecules. Serum s are perfect for targeting specific skin concerns that may be associated with signs of aging.
A few final words:
Your regime may change from season to season.
The regime you have now may need to change as you age.
You’re first step is to visit Face Plus for a thorough consultation.
Read to take the first step?
Call: 02 8897 0000
Email: [email protected]