Unfortunately, as we age natural substances – such as collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid – decrease, these substances are responsible for providing the skin with structure and volume. The outer skin layer of the lips, which is already extremely thin, also thins further. Together with environmental factors like sun exposure, smoking and stress we begin to see lips age and lip wrinkles form. The mouth also begins to droop or frown and the Cupid’s Bow flattens out.
Injectable dermal fillers for lip augmentation can work miracles for the lip area, they can treat the border of the upper and/or lower lip to enhance lip contour and definition and treat lip lines and lip wrinkles that often come with ageing. We can also improve lip volume and body to create naturally looking fuller lips.
The use of injectable or dermal fillers, both semi-permanent and permanent, to rejuvenate the lips is referred to as lip augmentation. Around the globe, this procedure is safely being utilised as a cosmetic enhancement and anti-aging strategy which has now became a staple of facial rejuvenation.
At Face Plus Medispa we use a variety of injectable fillers for facial areas where there is loss of elasticity in the skin and soft tissue, a loss of volume and sagging caused by ageing.
We take a conservative and slow approach to facial contouring and injectable treatments for lip augmentation. Precise, conservative but effective replacement can provide subtle, but amazing results that bring back the “plumpness” many experienced in our twenties.
1. Your concerns, personal goals and other medical issues are addressed and a thorough examination is conducted. We’ll then draw up a treatment plan for lip augmentation and lip enhancement specifically designed for you. Temporary fillers such as hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring product in the body, or a more permanent and longer lasting fillers option will be considered for lip augmentation – depending on the individual client’s needs. Many of these come with a built in analgesic effect so the injection and procedure for lip augmentation is virtually pain-free. Occasionally, a local anesthetic can be used to numb particular areas you may be worried about.
2. One of our dermal therapists will spend time discussing your treatment options, the risks and complications involved, as well as the benefits and outcomes for lip augmentation. Consent forms are required.
3. As prescribed by an onsite Doctor a highly trained cosmetic nurse will perform your lip augmentation and lip enhancement. Due to advancements in dermal fillers, the procedure is mostly pain free however if you are concerned about pain management we will offer you happy gas and/or ice.
4. Depending on the number of injection sites and the injectable used, your lip enhancement or lip augmentation can take as little as 30 minutes. Our treatments are simple and safe, and we usually find “first-timers” surprised at how easy and non-traumatic it was.
What to Expect After Treatment
Lip Augmentation at Face Plus Medispa in Sydney with Minimal to Zero Discomfort and Side Effects
• Injectable fillers are usually visible instantly. However depending on the product used and the treatment goal, some lip augmentation may take 2-3 sessions to achieve the desired result. Depending upon the product used top up sessions may be required.
• Side effects are rare but include bruising, pain, redness and swelling.
• Some of the initial plumping you may experience will be due to swelling. It is common to experience some swelling and bruising in the first few days post treatment when there are multiple injection sites for the lip enhancement.
• In non-smokers bruising is rare.
• To minimise swelling, patients are advised to continue icing the treatment site and are advised to avoid exercise and alcohol alcohol immediately after treatment.
• Patients should avoid smoking and taking aspirin, vitamin E, anti-inflammatories, herbal supplements and other medications that promote bruising. Arnica cream is encouraged post treatment.
• In order to fine tune the results, additional follow-up treatments for the lip enhancement may be necessary. We prefer to give our patients a more natural look when using fillers and then build upon the treatments as the patient adjusts to their new look and provides their feedback and direction.
Injectable treatments for lip augmentation should be taken seriously. Only trust your face to an experienced team. At Face Plus Medispa we are one of the few clinics in Sydney to offer a highly skilled team of cosmetic nurses and beauticians under the supervision of a facial cosmetic surgeon. We understand the complications and risks that can occur when treating facial anatomy and undertake the highest training and professional development for all team members.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
The Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Guidelines do not allow the use of specific medical product names on the internet. Therefore all references on this site refer to approved headings of anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers and lip enhancement. The practice uses only the highest quality and safest products available. For further details on the exact treatments performed by our practice please contact us.